1. Who’s who?
3. What Information We Gather
3.1 Personal Information
“Personal Information” means individually identifiable information about an individual collected from that individual by Homee through the Homee Platform or by other means (for example, by Your voluntarily submitting Personal Information to Us via the completion of a registration form or in an email You send to Us). The types of Personal Information that We may request or collect may include, without limitation, information about you in the following general categories:
- Identification Information: When you seek to use the Homee Platform and to register as either a User or a Home Service Provider, We will ask for Your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number and, for Home Service Providers We will request information Personal Information that may also may include, without limitation, Your business address, telephone number, e-mail address, website address, copies of your professional licenses and insurance coverage, and other relevant information to ascertain your ability to provide Homes Services to our other users.
- Location Information: When you use the Company’s services to request Home Services, or are a Home Service Provider seeking to provide Home Services to a User, we may collect precise location data about where the services are to be provided and the location of the Home Service Provider through the App. If you permit the App to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we may also collect the precise location of your device when the App is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or based on wireless towers or access points that connect to the device.
- Home Service Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, merchandise purchased and used for the Home Services, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Homee Platform facilitates communications between Users and Home Service Providers (Professionals). In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Homee Platform, we collect logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with the Homee Platform. We use Log Information to help improve the security and functionality of the Homee Platform, including by analyzing how users are using it.
Where there are links between the Homee Platform and third party sites or social networks, We may collect account information for accounts You use on those third party sites or social networks. We collect payment card and financial institution information as well, in order to allow Us to collect and distribute payments. In some instances, We may also collect geo-location data of Your mobile or other device, including, without limitation, GPS-based, Wi-Fi-based, or cell-based location information. Even though We don’t view them as “Personal Information,” We may also collect your internet protocol (IP) address, MAC address, or other machine identifiers as you access the Homee Platform.
We require registration in order for you to use the Homee Platform. As part of the registration process you will be required to provide Us with Personal Information. Some of the Personal Information that We ask you to provide is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information, you may not be able to use the Homee Platform or your use may be limited to only certain portions. We reserve the right to change which parts of the Website require registration, and which do not, as We modify and update the Homee Platform.
3.2 Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may update Your Personal Information through the Homee Platform. If you should become aware that your Personal Information with Homee is not complete and accurate, you must promptly update your Personal Information via your account. It is your obligation to ensure that your Personal Information is kept up to date. This is important for many reasons, including allowing educational institutions to verify your use of the Homee Platform and credit you receive for the work you do through the Homee Platform. We may backup or replicate Personal Information stored through the Homee Platform for disaster recovery or other purposes. Updates to your Personal Information will not necessarily be reflected in such backups or replicated data when you make those updates.
3.4 Adult Audiences Only
The Homee Platform is intended to be used only by persons over 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information or other information from or about children. You agree to notify Us immediately in writing referencing your Homee account, by mail at Homee, Inc., 3225 South MacDill Ave, Suite 129-270, Tampa, FL 33629, USA, or by email at email@example.com, if you become aware that We have received information from or about any such individuals. The Homee Platform may collect information intended to verify that you are an adult who is eligible to use the Company’s services.
3.5 Third Party Sites
4. How We Use the Personal Information We Gather
4.1 Use of Information.
Homee may store and use your Personal Information and, without further notice to you, provide your Personal Information to Homee affiliates or to third parties in order for Us, Our affiliates or third parties to:
- support Our intent to provide, maintain and improve usability of the Homee Platform including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our services or the Homee Platform; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- collect and distribute payments;
- provide, maintain, and improve our services and the Homee Platform, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Home Service Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- provide you with technical support;
- provide you with access to restricted areas of the Homee Platform;
- to send or facilitate communications (i) between a User and a Home Service Provider, such as estimated costs of Home Services Requested and any required materials needed to complete the Home Services, and (ii) times of arrival of a Home Service Provider;
- comply with legal requirements, including, without limitation, governmental orders, civil subpoenas, or discovery requests;
- protect the rights, property, safety or security of Homee, any of Our users or the public, or to respond to an emergency; or
- accomplish or attempt to accomplish any other lawful purpose.
Some data, such as without limitation the types of services used and the numbers of users We receive daily in various parts of the Homee Platform, may be used for statistical, marketing, promotional, or any other lawful purposes. This kind of information is collected in aggregate/statistical form, without identifying any user individually.
4.2 Sharing of Information.
We also may share your information:
- With Home Service Providers to enable them to provide the Home Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by Home Service Providers;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services or those of Home Service Providers that are viewable by the general public provided that you agree not to intentionally share Personal Information in a public forum;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our services, or those with a service with which we integrate;
- With Our subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on Our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe Your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Homee or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
5. Protection of the Personal Information We Gather
Homee has implemented industry-standard measures to protect the security of the Personal Information We collect via the Homee Platform. For example, We use (SSL – Secure Socket Layers), a firewall and a digital certificate issued by RapidSSL to protect certain of Your Personal Information. The financial partners We use to collect and process payment information are PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) certified. The data center(s) where We host our servers are also SOC (formerly SAS 70) certified.
Regardless of what measures are used to protect Personal Information, no one can guarantee, and We do not guarantee, that your Personal Information is completely secure at all times. If We determine that your Personal Information was accessed in an improper manner, We will comply with applicable laws as We understand them and will cooperate with internal investigators or law enforcement (including by possibly disclosing your Personal Information to such investigators or law enforcement agencies).
Please understand that you are also responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Personal Information to protect it against unauthorized access or use including, without limitation, by ensuring that any credentials that enable access to the Homee Platform use strong passwords and are not shared with any third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Homee disclaims any responsibility or liability for any misuse of your Personal Information that results from illegal, improper, malicious, or inappropriate acts or omissions of you or any third party, or from any conduct, other than willful conduct, of Homee.
Homee may retain your Personal Information for as long as you continue to use the Homee Platform, and for as long thereafter as permitted or required by applicable law. If We delete your Personal Information, it may still be contained on backup media or other systems until such times as such media is destroyed or overwritten, or data on such other systems are otherwise deleted.
6. Your Rights
7. Your Choices
Last updated: July 31, 2017